- January 27, 2024
- 9:30 am to 6:30 pm
- Camp Assiniboia 2220 Lido Plage Rd Cartier, MB
Family Day 2024
- Camp Assiniboia is just outside Winnipeg! Contact the Chapter if transportation is an issue and we can find you a ride!
- Arrival is 9:30 am so we can get the children to their activities and the adults settled for our sessions.
- Dress for winter! We hope to spend some time outside! The hayride will be open to everyone.
- Children should have runners as well as winter boots.
- We all have lunch together at noon and supper at 5 pm.
For the Kids
Make new friends who have a bleeding disorder, see friends from Family Camp and meet other kids who have a sibling with a bleeding disorder!
We have engaged child educator, Jeff Regan, to develop the activities for all ages. Jeff has taught Phys-Ed and Outdoor-Ed and is working with the folks at Camp Assiniboia to plan for indoor and outdoor activities to maximize the fun! A parent is welcome, but not required, to stay with their child. We want everyone to be comfortable. We could also use some adult volunteers!
Children should have full outdoor clothing as well as runners for gym games.
For the Adults
- Get to know new families and see old friends!
- Navigating the ER – Nurse Clinicians Crystalynne San Juan and Khristine Cheng
- Bleeding Disorders & Medications Available to Treat Them – Dr. Don Houston
- Travel Insurance with Chronic Conditions – Medi-Quote Insurance Brokers
- Genetic Counselling – Rebekah Kukurudz
- Switching Medication; My Experience – Member Panel