Member Services can cover the cost of a taxi if you require it to get to HSC.
The Chapter will arrange taxi service Monday through Friday between 9 am and 3 pm or reimburse taxi fares to HSC
- when there is a disabling situation that prevents driving
- maximum of five round trips per month
- During office hours members can call the Chapter office at 204.775.8625 to arrange taxi service
1. The Chapter office will send in authorization to the approved company for a member to charge round trip ride to and from HSC.
2. The member then calls the taxi company to arrange the trip
- In case of emergencies, after office hours and weekends/holidays members can call directly for service and remit a receipt to the Chapter for reimbursement.
- members using the service outside these guidelines risk having their claim denied
Where transportation is an ongoing challenge, the Manitoba Bleeding Disorders Social Worker will help you explore all other possible sources of funding and transport. The Chapter will support you until alternate funding or service is in place. Manitoba Bleeding Disorders Social Worker